8 ounces flour sticks (pancit canton noodles)
4 to 6 ounces vermicelli noodles (sotanghon) soaked in water
1 1/2 to 2 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb pork, sliced
1/2 lb chicken, boiled and shredded
4 pieces Chinese sausage, sliced
1 lb shrimp, shelled and heads removed
3 cups cabbage, chopped
3/4 cup carrots (julienned)
1/2 cup dried wood ear, soaked in water and chopped
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup shrimp juice (derived by pounding the head of the shrimp)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 piece chicken cube or bouillon
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Take note: you cannot see any shrimp and chicken in my photo since I modified my ingredients due skin allergy.
- Heat a cooking pot then pour-in cooking oil.
- Sauté garlic and onions then add the sliced pork and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the Chinese sausage and shredded chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, shrimp juice, salt, ground black pepper, chicken bouillon, and chicken stock then let boil. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Put the shrimps, cabbage, carrots, and wood ears in then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soaked vermicelli then stir. Cook for a minute.
- Put-in the flour sticks then stir well. Cook for 3 minutes or until the liquid is gone.
- Top with green onions and place calamansi on the side.
- Serve hot.