also known as creme caramel and caramel custard is a dessert made up of eggs and milk with a soft caramel on top.
10 pcs raw eggs
1 can condensed milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Using an egg separator, separate the egg yolk from the egg white. Only egg yolks will be used. Separating yolk and while can also be done manually (you just need to be patient).
2. Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater.
3. Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour-in the evaporated milk and mix well.
By the way, you can add 2 Tbps of refined sugar if you want a sweeter creme caramel.
5. Put the mold on top of the stove and heat using low fire. Put in the granulated sugar and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color
6. Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold.
7. Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold.
8. Cover the top of the mold using aluminum foil.
9. Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
10. After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate.
Ready to serve. Enjoy!
2 lbs. ground pork
1/2 cup green onions
ground black pepper
Lumpia wrapper (Spring roll skin)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients; onion, carrots, green onions, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder, and 1 piece raw egg with the ground pork. Mix well.
2. Wrap about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture in a lumpia wrapper or spring roll skin.
3. Heat the cooking oil in a deep fryer (350F). Deep fry the lumpia for 5-8 minutes or until cooked.
4. Remove from the deep fryer and let the excess oil drip.
5. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with ketchup or sweet and sour sauce.
Suman Moron – is a milk and chocolate twisted flavored wrapped sticky rice cake. Native delicacy in tacloban, Philippines.
– Chocolate Mixture
– Milk Mixture
glutinous rice flour
1. In a bowl mix 2 types of flour until well combined.
2. In a non-stick pan, add rice mixture, white sugar, evaporated milk, coconut milk, vanilla
3. Turn the heat to medium & stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
1. In a bowl mix 2 types of flour until well blended/combined
2. In the same pan, pour the rice mixture and add the coconut milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla and peanuts.
3. Turn the heat to medium and stirring constantly until oily and smooth.
Wrapping and Steaming
1. Prepare the leaves for wrapping by passing over stove flame, brush with butter or margarine.
2. Take a heaping table spoon of chocolate mixture and roll into 3/4″ tuber shape by hands.
3. Do the same process on the plain milk mixture.
4. Place the 2 tuber side by side and twist to form a thicker two color tuber.
5. Roll and tie a string at both ends to secure.
6. Steam for half hour in a double broiler or steamer.