Maja Blanca is a popular Filipino delicacy. It is also known as Maja Mais. It is a creamy corn cake cooked on the stove top.
2-3 cups coconut milk
1 can coconut cream
1 can corn kernel
1 cup cornstarch
1 cup sugar
Toasted shredded coconut Topping (Optional)
Toasted ground peanuts Topping (Optional)
1. Dissolve cornstarch on coconut milk, then sift.
2. Mix all ingredients together, except the topping and cook over low heat.
3. Stir continuously until thick or about 30 minutes.
4. Transfer to a greased container and even out the top surface.
5. Cool for 30 minutes before spreading the toppings on top.
6. Serve cold or at room temperature.