1 cleaned pig’s leg ( 3 to 4 lbs)
6 pieces dried bay leaves
2 tablespoons whole peppercorn
3 to 5 pieces star anise (optional)
6 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
12 to 15 cups water
1. Pour water in a cooking pot then let boil.
2. Put-in dried bay leaves, whole peppercorn, star anise, and 4 teaspoons of salt.
3. Add the whole pig’s legs in the cooking pot then simmer until the leg becomes tender (about to 60 minutes ).
4. Remove the tender leg from the cooking pot and set aside until the temperature goes down.
5. Keep the leg uncovered overnight in the refrigerator. (making sure the leg is totally dry)
6. Score the leg using a sharp knife.
7. Brush the leg with oil so that the salt will stick to the skin.
8. Rub the leg with salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper.
9. Preheat oven and bake the leg 475 F for 30-45 minutes (20 minutes each side) then lower the temperature to 375 F and bake for another 20 minutes or until done.
Ready to serve.