Mashed Potatoes are great side dish and are very cheap and easy to make.
1 1/2 lbs (680 g) potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp heavy cream
3 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp milk
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and cut lengthwise into quarters.
2. Place the peeled and cut potatoes into a saucepan. Add cold water to the pan until the potatoes are covered by at least an inch.
3. Add half teaspoon of salt to the water. Turn the heat on to high, and bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low to maintain a simmer, and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until you can easily poke through them with a fork.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter and warm the cream. You can heat them together in a pan on the stove or in the microwave.
5. When the potatoes are done, drain the water and place the steaming hot potatoes into a large bowl.
6. Pour the heated cream and melted butter over the potatoes. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher and use a strong wooden spoon to beat further.
7. Add milk and beat until the mashed potatoes are smooth. Don’t over-beat the potatoes or it will end up gluey.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Ready to serve. ENJOY!