1.5 inch piece of ginger
cup of water
light soy sauce
dark soy sauce
rock sugar/brown sugar
1. Cut pork belly into 1 inch pieces and place in a large pot with enough water to cover.
2. Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
3. Once the water comes to a boil, dump the pot out and wash the pork belly pieces thoroughly to remove any residue. Reserve the meat in a bowl.
4. Cut the ginger into 1/4 inch slices. Cut the green onions into 3 inch long pieces.
5. Heat up wok on medium fire, brush some oil on the bottom. Sautee the pork belly until it becomes slightly brown. Set aside.
6. Place a large clay pot or stock pot over high heat and add oil enough to saute the ginger and green onions until fragrant.
7. Add water, light sauce, dark sauce and shaoxing wine.
8. Drop in the reserved pork belly and bring to boil over high heat.
9. Once at a boil, add the sugar, star anise, and cinnamon stick and lower the heat to medium low to maintain a simmer.
10. Braise for 2-3 hours stirring occassionally.
Ready to serve.