Suman Moron – is a milk and chocolate twisted flavored wrapped sticky rice cake. Native delicacy in tacloban, Philippines.
– Chocolate Mixture
– Milk Mixture
glutinous rice flour
1. In a bowl mix 2 types of flour until well combined.
2. In a non-stick pan, add rice mixture, white sugar, evaporated milk, coconut milk, vanilla
3. Turn the heat to medium & stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
1. In a bowl mix 2 types of flour until well blended/combined
2. In the same pan, pour the rice mixture and add the coconut milk, brown sugar, cocoa, vanilla and peanuts.
3. Turn the heat to medium and stirring constantly until oily and smooth.
Wrapping and Steaming
1. Prepare the leaves for wrapping by passing over stove flame, brush with butter or margarine.
2. Take a heaping table spoon of chocolate mixture and roll into 3/4″ tuber shape by hands.
3. Do the same process on the plain milk mixture.
4. Place the 2 tuber side by side and twist to form a thicker two color tuber.
5. Roll and tie a string at both ends to secure.
6. Steam for half hour in a double broiler or steamer.